TIME TO EXPLORE
Have you ever thrown a boomerang … the proper way?
In Dubbo, you can actively explore Dubbo’s Indigenous culture which includes
150 rock carvings created by the Tubbagah people, or enjoy an African safari at
our world famous zoo.
If the stars and planets arouse your curiosity, take a trip to the local observatory.
Or, if you’re looking for something to get the blood flowing, how about:
- exploring a slice of Africa at Taronga Western Plains Zoo;
- skating Australia’s first ‘full pipe’;
- cycling the 3.1km Tracker Riley Cycleway;
- kicking a ball around the 72ha of city parkland.
TIME TO DISCOVER
Want to reconnect with our nation’s pioneering past?
Now’s your chance to discover more about our history by:
- exploring one of Australia’s oldest standing timber slab homesteads;
- visiting the fully restored Old Dubbo Gaol with its murderous tales and hangman’s gallows.
But be warned … you may run into Nosey Bob!;
- visiting the museum at the Western Plains Cultural Centre.
TIME TO GET CULTURED
Now who doesn’t like to immerse themselves in unique art, feel-good music or even
exquisite country craft?
From regular festivals celebrating jazz, multiculturalism and our Aboriginal heritage to
private galleries that showcase regional and Indigenous artworks and a thriving amateur
theatre scene – it’s all here.
You can also:
- visit the art gallery and community arts facility at the Western Plains Cultural Centre;
- be mesmerised by the authentic Japanese horticulture showcased in the Shoyoen
Japanese Gardens which are considered one of the finest in Australia.
TIME TO RELAX
Have you ever just stopped and taken the time to ‘smell the roses’?
When did you last enjoy an old fashioned picnic or watched a stunning country sunset?
How often have you been able to throw a line and catch dinner or just saddle up a few
ponies and head off on a traditional country trail ride?
Dubbo is all about smelling the roses … taking a step back and chilling out.
Here you can enjoy:
- real country BBQs;
- relaxing bush walks while breathing in the aroma of gum leaves and hearing nothing but
the sounds of local wildlife;
- Dubbo’s Biodiversity Garden which features a replication of fauna in the region prior to
European settlement; or
- Dubbo’s retail scene – urban chic to country boutique.