WELCOME TO DUBBO!
Whether it’s time for a fun-filled family adventure, a spur of the moment getaway or a stop-over on the great Australian journey, Dubbo has something for everyone. So take the time to explore, time to indulge, time to relax and time to discover why visitors keep returning to the ‘City of Smiles’ year after year.
TIME TO EXPLORE
Experience a unique adventure in the City’s great outdoors.
- Admire 150 awe-inspiring rock grooves created by the Tubbagah people upstream
along the Macquarie River.
- Get the blood pumping and the camera snapping when you skate Australia’s first and only ‘full pipe’.
- Test your BMX skills on the adrenaline pumping rhythms, stutters, berms and table top jumps
of the 240 metre competition grade BMX track.
- Pull out the pushbike and take a leisurely cycle along the 6.38km off road cycleway.
TIME TO DISCOVER
Delve into a non-stop feast of discovery, learning and fun.
- Get up close and personal with the giraffes, hand feed the big cats or laugh with the meerkats as you discover over 700 majestic animals.
- Tee off from the sun and putt your way into a spiraling black hole as you explore the universe while playing 18-hole astronomically themed mini golf.
- Skip along the ‘gumnut walk’ and through the fairy garden to discover a bottle house created from 3000 bottles filled with rice grains, toys, photos and messages.
TIME TO EXPERIENCE
Discover a taste of pioneering life in 1800’s Dubbo.
- Hear hair raising tales of the savagery and woe of 19th century penal life when you wander the chilling cells and hangman’s gallows.
- Peek inside Australia’s oldest standing timber slab homestead and get a snapshot of rural life in our pioneering days. Wander the sandstone stables and ‘working areas’ of the four hectare property before relaxing with a Devonshire tea.
- Explore the streetscapes of Dubbo and discover the hidden stories within when you move through the People Places and Possessions exhibition.
- Stroll the streets of Dubbo on a historical walk and see where Sydney underworld Queen Kate Leigh owned a casino called ‘Flash Kate’s’.
Time to Inspire
Be captivated by the City’s vibrant emerging cultural scene.
- Watch one of 80 annual live theatre shows performed within the comfort of an acoustically-designed
500 seat tiered theatre.
- Amble through four gardens and enliven the senses with over 300 plant species situated in
10 hectares of recreational land.
- Observe touring and in-house curated exhibitions in the largest gallery space west of the Blue Mountains with over 706m2 of exhibition space.
- Take a peek inside the studio space of local artists. See the technique of pouring bronze sculpture
or get lost in the Australian landscape with striking colourful painted works.
TIME TO INDULGE
Get those tastebuds tinging with Dubbo’s dining scene.
- Sink your teeth into everything from gourmet cuisine to diverse multicultural fare, meze style menus to hearty bistro meals.
- Embrace the paddock to plate approach with seasonal fresh produce, free-range eggs and high quality meats direct from the farmer at the local farmers markets.
- Savour a drop of light bodied red or fruity soft white from one of Dubbo’s warm-climate wineries.
TIME TO RELAX
Unwind and unearth the hidden gems of the region with a tour.
- Feel the sun warm your skin and the wind whip your hair when you discover the sights of Dubbo on a powerful 1.9L Volkswagen engine Trike.
- Canter through the countryside and see the City from a new angle with a relaxing trail ride.
- Meander through the Macquarie Valley and let the scenic river be your guide as you explore the art, nature, heritage and produce of our rich farming region.
For more reasons to smile visit the friendly team at Dubbo Visitor Information Centre.